LLATL The Gold Book: World Literature
Learning Language Arts Through Literature: The Gold Book - World Literature was created to encourage high school students toward interpreting and accessing literary meaning in terms of content and philosophy whilst introducing them to the world's classic literature. Organized chronologically, this curriculum features five units of selected works: Early Literature, Epic Poetry, Medieval-Renaissance, Enlightenment-Romanticism, and the 20th Century.
This book includes content for both student and teacher; it's designed to be used with the sold-separately A World Literature Anthology as well as four additional works (below; also sold-separately). In the student section, units are broken up into lessons, with each lesson consisting of lists of questions numbered for a 5-day week. Selected passages or paragraphs are included as needed, though students will also rely upon readings in the Anthology and separate works. The teacher section in the back includes line-listed answers for the questions in the student section. It also includes novel summaries and a list of literary terms.
This 3rd Edition now includes the answers within the teacher section, along with novel summaries.
298 pages, softcover. Non-consumable textbook, as all answers will have to be written in a separate notebook or on a sheet of paper. High School / Grades 9-12.
This course requires the following books:
- A World Literature Anthology. Common Sense Press. 978-1-929683-34-5
- The Odyssey - Homer. Barnes & Noble Classics. 978-1-59308-009-9
- No Fear Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet - Shakespeare, William. Spark Publishing. 978-1-58663-845-0
- The Little Prince - de Saint-Exupiry, Antoine. Mariner Books. 978-0-15-601219-5
- Cry, the Beloved Country - Paton, Alan. Scribner. 978-0-7432-6217-0
- Age Level = 15-up
- Book Material = Paperback
- Book Publisher = Common Sense Press
- Book Series = LLATL
- Copyright = 2014
- Edition = 3rd
- Grade Level = High School
Item Number: 50-38
Item ID: 36086