LLATL: The Red Book Student Activity 3rd Ed.
The Learning Language Arts through Literature program is a complete language arts program for Grades 1-12. Using an integrated approach to teaching, students learn communication skills in the context of quality literature that makes not only makes reading more attractive, but creates a deeper understanding of grammar, writing mechanics, vocabulary, spelling, and other language skills.
The Red Activity Book (2nd grade) includes poems, writing exercises, cut-out activities, minibooks, handwriting worksheets, and other activities. Please note that this book cannot be used independently and must be used in conjunction with the teacher's guide and readers from the Red Kit (also sold-separately).
The updated third edition of the Red Level features with three new readers/lessons that give your student more practice in mastering phonics. Please note that the 3rd and 2nd editions of the LLATL Red level are NOT compatible with each other.
Please Note: The following resources are required to complete this curriculum, and are sold-separately:
- Red Teacher Book
- The 6 Readers found in the Red Kit (which also includes the teacher book & this activity book)
The following books are used in this program, but are not required (all sold-separately):
- A Tree is Nice by Janice May Udry
- Little Bear by Else Holmelund Minarik
- The Bravest Dog Ever by Natalie Standiford
- The Fire Cat by Esther Averill
- The Ox-Cart Man by Donald Hall
- Corduroy by Don Freeman
- The Little Island by Golden MacDonald
- Billy and Blaze by C.W. Anderson
- Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion
- Abraham Lincoln by Ingri and Edgar d'Aulaire
- Age Level = 7-8
- Book Author = Debbie Strayer
- Book Material = Paperback
- Book Publisher = Common Sense Press
- Book Series = LLATL
- Copyright = c2017
- Edition = 3rd
- Grade Level = 2
Item Number: 50-19
Item ID: 15492
Category: Red Book Student 3rd